Boston Science for the People seeks to:
- raise awareness of the political nature of science and technology;
- expose and critique the ways science and technology are controlled by the wealthy and used for private gain and domination rather than to address human needs;
- bring scientific knowledge and solidarity to collaborations with progressive community organizations and like-minded groups;
- defend STEM workers’ right to organize;
- actively rebuild the left to bring about structural change such that science ultimately serves people’s needs.
To these ends, the chapter organizes public talks and teach-ins, participates in science- and tech-oriented coalitions and demonstrations, walks the picket line with striking workers, writes politically and scientifically informed articles on science and society, and distributes Science for the People magazine.
If you share this vision get involved with us!